Apr. 19, 2022
In this article, let's talk about the installation method of the butt-clamp butterfly valve. Clamping type is a connection method of butterfly valve, that is, when installed on the pipeline, two pieces of flange are needed to clamp the butterfly valve and then connect it with the flange on the pipeline. Corresponding to it is another connection method of butterfly valve, flange type. The installation of flanged butterfly valve will be shared with you later. Today we will mainly talk about the installation method of the butt-clamp butterfly valve in the form of illustrations.
The structure of the butt-clamp butterfly valve is relatively short and takes up little space. The installation is fixed with the special flange of the butt-clamp butterfly valve, and then the fixed butt-clamp flange is put into the middle of the flange at both ends of the pipe and fixed with bolts. The control of fluid medium in the pipeline can be realized by fixing the special flange of the butt-clamp butterfly valve and the pipeline flange (if there is no flange on the pipeline, the special flange of the butterfly valve needs to be welded to the pipeline). The butterfly valve takes up little space and is especially suitable for installation and use in narrow space or small pipeline spacing.
PTFE Lined Wafer Butterfly Valve
1. Place the clamped butterfly valve between the two pre-installed flanges dedicated to the clamped butterfly valve, and pay attention to the flange bolt holes and butterfly valve round holes aligned with the body.
2. Insert the bolt nut into the flange hole to connect the valve body with the flange and correct the flatness with the method, but be careful not to over-tighten the bolt nut.
3. Weld the flange on the pipe, this step should be spot welded.
4. Remove the counterclip butterfly valve first.
5. Weld the two flanges completely on the pipe to complete the fixing.
6. After the welding seam between the flange and the pipe cools down, install the clamped butterfly valve. At this time, pay attention to the butterfly plate to open a little.
7. Recalibrate the installation position of the butterfly valve and tighten the bolts, but be careful not to tighten them too much.
8. Open the butterfly valve butterfly plate completely to ensure that the butterfly valve butterfly plate can be opened and closed freely.
9. Tighten the bolts crosswise and evenly again.
10. After the above steps are completed, test the opening and closing of the butterfly valve again to ensure that the valve can open and close freely.
The above is the introduction of butterfly valve installation steps. Here I would like to tell all friends who buy butterfly valves. Before installing the wafer butterfly valve, pay attention to the handling and do not bump it at will. After installation, non-professionals please do not disassemble at will.
1. Storage work before installation: store the manual butt-clamp butterfly valve in a cool, dry and ventilated environment and cover the valve to prevent it from being contaminated by dust and all debris.
2. Before the installation of the butt-clamp butterfly valve on the pipeline, the pipeline needs to be calibrated, and the position of the two ends of the pipeline should not have deviation. Body strain or rupture.
3. Before the valve is installed, the valve and all the installation pipeline should be cleaned again to ensure that the inside of the valve and the pipeline are completely clean and no dust is left.
4. Manual butt butterfly valve belongs to manual butterfly valve, which needs to be operated manually often. Therefore, the installation position of the manual butterfly valve also has requirements. The installation position of the valve must be convenient for the personnel to operate and maintain in the future. Practice has proved that the best location for manual valve installation is about 1.2 meters from the operation level. For the valve installed outdoors, cover the valve with some cover to prevent bad weather from affecting the valve.
5. When installed on the pipeline, make sure the butterfly plate is in the closed state to avoid collision damage between the butterfly plate and the pipe flange, which will affect the sealing performance.
6. After the installation of manual butt butterfly valve, if opening and closing failure occurs in the process of use, the cause should be identified and eliminated. It cannot be forced open and closed by knocking, prying or brute force.
The above is all the content of "Manual butt butterfly valve installation tips" introduced for you. Here, I also remind you that after the valve is installed, it must be regularly maintained during the use of the valve. Work to ensure the normal and smooth operation of the valve. If you have procurement needs for manual butt butterfly valve, welcome to consult the official website of Tanghai Valve.
KXC Group is a professional manufacturer of butterfly valves, gate valves, check valves, globe valves, knife gate valves, ball valves in accordance with API, JIS, DIN standards, used in oil, gas, marine industry, water supply and drainage, fire fighting, shipbuilding, water treatment and other systems.