Feb. 08, 2023
resilient seat gate valve overview:
resilient seat gate valve, also known as elastic seat-sealed gate valve, is a manual valve used to connect pipeline media and switches in hydraulic engineering. The structure of the resilient seat gate valve is composed of a valve seat, a bonnet, a gate plate, a gland, a valve stem, a handwheel, a gasket, and hexagon socket bolts. The inside and outside of the valve flow channel are sprayed with technological electrostatic powder. After being baked in a high-temperature furnace, the smoothness of the entire flow channel opening and the wedge-shaped groove inside the gate valve is guaranteed, and the appearance also gives people a visual sense of color. , resilient seat gate valves usually use blue-blue highlights for general water conservancy, and red-red highlights for fire-fighting pipelines. And it is deeply loved by users, and it can even be said that the resilient seat gate valve is a valve made for water conservancy.
Types and uses of resilient seat gate valves:
As a common manual switch valve on pipelines, resilient seat gate valves are mainly used in waterworks, sewage pipelines, municipal drainage projects, fire-fighting pipeline projects, and slightly non-corrosive liquids and gases on industrial pipelines. And it can be customized according to the situation of the site use, such as rising stem soft sealing gate valve, concealed stem soft sealing gate valve, extension stem soft sealing gate valve, buried soft sealing gate valve, electric soft sealing gate valve, pneumatic soft sealing gate valve, etc.
What are the advantages of resilient seat gate valves:
1. The advantages of resilient seat gate valves must first be considered in terms of its cost. Generally, most of the resilient seat gate valve series are made of ductile iron QT450. The cost calculation of this valve body will be much more affordable than the cost of cast steel and stainless steel. This is quite affordable compared to engineering batch procurement, and it is under the condition that the quality is also guaranteed.
2. Next, from the performance characteristics of the resilient seat gate valve, the gate plate of the resilient seat gate valve is lined with elastic rubber, and the interior adopts a wedge structure. The top hand wheel mechanism is used to make the screw go down to drive the elastic gate to press down, and it is sealed with the internal wedge groove. Because the elastic rubber gate can be stretched and squeezed, a good sealing effect is achieved. Therefore, the sealing effect of resilient seat gate valves on water conservancy and some non-corrosive media is obvious.
3. Again, for the post-maintenance of the resilient seat gate valve, the structural design of the resilient seat gate valve is simple and clear, and it is easy to disassemble and install. When the valve is used for a long time, the elastic gate inside the gate valve will open and close frequently, and the rubber will lose its elasticity after a long time, resulting in loose closing and valve leakage. At this time, the advantages of the structural design of the resilient seat gate valve are reflected. The maintenance personnel can directly disassemble and replace the gate without dismantling the entire valve, which saves time and effort and saves manpower and material resources on site.
What are the disadvantages of resilient seat gate valves:
1. Speaking of the shortcomings of resilient seat gate valves, let's look at them from an objective point of view. The core point of the resilient seat gate valve is that the soft-sealed elastic gate can be stretched and contracted automatically to fill. It is really good to use the resilient seat gate valve for non-corrosive gases, liquids, and airtightness.
2. Of course, since there are advantages, there are also disadvantages. The disadvantage of the resilient seat gate valve is that the elastic rubber gate valve cannot be used continuously at a temperature exceeding 80°C or with hard particles and corrosion, otherwise it will cause elasticity. The deformation, damage and corrosion of the rubber ram will lead to the leakage of the pipeline. Therefore, the resilient seat gate valve is only suitable for use on non-corrosive, particle-free, and non-abrasive media.
The description of the resilient seat gate valve will come to an end here. As for the advantages and disadvantages of the resilient seat gate valve, it is mainly to understand the characteristics of the medium, temperature, pressure, and field use when selecting a model, and to combine the advantages and disadvantages of the resilient seat gate valve described in the article for a comprehensive evaluation. Type selection, so that many details that are overlooked during type selection can be avoided, so that the valve can be used without any worries.
Previous: Y-type filter
Feb. 21, 2023
Resilient seat gate valve overview
Feb. 08, 2023